The castle was located in the settlement of Mihovo in the municipality of Šentjernej.
Hohenav (SLO) Hohenowe, Hohenau (GER)
Castle was first indirectly mentioned in the year 1180 as Hohenowe. At the end of 14th century the castle was succeeded by a Hohenau manor in the vicinity of the castle. Today there are only partial traces left.
Henrik and Majnhard of Aiginow, Counts of Weichselberg, Counts of Andechs (13th century), Berengar of Hohenau (1306), noble Sicherstein (second half of 14th century), Counts of Cilli.
Alleged location: 45°47’35,03″ N 15°20’14,39″ E
Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.
Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.